The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu is a historical site associated with the Inca civilization. It is located in the South American country of Peru, which is located on a hill above the Urubamba Valley at an altitude of 2,430 meters above sea level. Machu Picchu is also known as the “Lost City of the Inca”.
Machu Picchu is most important symbols of the Inca rule. It was declared one of the 7 wonders of the world on 7 July 2007. Let us tell you that Machu Picchu has also been included in the list of World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1983.
This wonder of the world was discovered in 1911 by American historian Shrey Hiram Bingham, since then it has remained an important tourist attraction till date. If you want to know about Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world, then definitely read this article, in this we are going to tell you the history, secrets and special things related to Machu Picchu.
- History of Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu History in Hindi
- Mysteries of Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu Ka Rahasya In Hindi
- Structure Of Machu Picchu
- Beauty Of Machu Picchu Valley
- Machu Picchu World Heritage Site – Machu Picchu World Heritage Site
- Special things of Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu Facts in Hindi
- Location Map of Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu Location
- Machu Picchu Photo Gallery – Machu Picchu Images
History of Machu Picchu Peru
Machu Picchu was built by the Incas during 1430 AD as the official site of their rulers. And about a hundred years later, the Spaniards conquered the Inca and left it without plunder. The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu is a famous tourist destination as well as a holy place. The site also has special importance as a cultural site. As the Spaniards had not plundered it even after conquering the Inca and left it as such.
Machu Picchu is built in the ancient Inca style, in which polished stones have been used. It initially houses the Intihuatana (Temple of the Sun) and a three-windowed chamber.
Top 20] Tourist Attractions in USA
The Secret of Machu Picchu
The more you explore the mystery of Machu Picchu, the deeper it gets. To this day, it has not been able to answer with full confidence why and by whom The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu was built. The most surprising thing is that this place was vacated sooner than it was built. Tourists who come here are very interested in knowing about the story and mystery of Machu Picchu.
Structure Of Machu Picchu
Machu Picchu is a very special and amazing structure which is also related to aliens. Many scientists have to say that such a magnificent architecture cannot be made by humans. But the people of Peru say that their ancestors knew the best art, they have built this place.
Top 10] Interesting facts about Bangkok Thailand
Beauty Of Machu Picchu Valley
Machu Picchu is at an altitude of 8,000 feet above sea level on a hill, where visiting can prove to be very memorable for you. After seeing the beauty of Machu Picchu, you will know why it is a major historical and tourist destination in America. Traveling to The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu gives tourists a special experience. You can travel here by bus or train. But going here with the help of helicopter will give you a very different fun.
World Heritage Site
Let us tell you that Machu Picchu was selected as a World Heritage in 1983 and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007. The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu is the most attractive place that attracts tourists from all over the world. Along with this, it is a famous ruin of South America which welcomes millions of people for tourism every year. Due to the development of tourism, the development of nearby cities and environmental degradation, tourists are charged money to visit the site. T
his place is also home to a variety of endangered species. The Peruvian government has also taken several strict measures to protect the ruins over the years.
Top 10] Intersting facts about the Great Wall of China
Special Things to Do Machu Picchu
- There was a theory about Machu Picchu and it was told that this place was used for human sacrifice and their skeletons have not been buried properly. Let us tell you that many skeletons were found at this place without being buried.
- It is said that in the 15th century, all the employees in the palace of the emperor of the Inca civilization were buried at this place after their work was completed.
- One theory also states that this place may have housed the graves of state employees who were killed and buried after they had completed their work or service.
- Machu Picchu means the old peak, which is said to be related to the Inca civilization.
- The Inca civilization is full of mysteries, no one has been able to tell clearly about it.
- Many thousands of skeletons have been found in The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu. And the most surprising thing in this is that most of these skeletons are of women.
- Machu Picchu is a very special place in Peru, which was discovered in the year 1911 but its relation is told from the 13th century. It is said to be a royal princely state but it also has its own religious significance.
Interesting facts about Machu Picchu
- It is said about the Inca that the people here considered the Sun God as their god and about the skeletons of women found here, it is said that the people here used to sacrifice virgin women to the Sun God.
- Some researchers attribute Machu Picchu to aliens. They say that this place was not built by humans but by aliens. This place is also called the Lost City because it was abandoned very soon.
- A researcher named Hiram Bingham, who discovered Machu Picchu in 1911, says that this place is the last place related to the Inca civilization. He also named it Vilcabamba La Vieja i.e. The Lost City.
- Regarding the skeletons of women found here, some researchers also believe that the women associated with the Inca civilization wanted to dedicate their lives to the sun and they used to come to this place and offer their sacrifices. But when the skeletons of virgin men were found after further exploration, the women’s sacrifice was denied.
- It is said that when the people of Inca civilization started living here in 1430, at that time Spain had won victory by attacking the Inca but later they also left this place.
Top 15] Information About Sydney Opera House Australia
In this article, you have to know the history, mystery and other interesting information related to The Unsolved Mysteries of Machu Picchu, one of the seven wonders of the world, do not forget to tell us in the comments how you liked this article.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Mysteries of Machu Picchu
A. believed to have been Vilcabamba, the “Lost city of the Incas,” Machu Picchu is now believed by archaeologists and historians to have been an estate built for the Incan emperor Pachacuti.
A. Although the exact date is unknown, Machu Picchu was most likely constructed around 1450 CE, during the reign of the Inca emperor Pachacuti, making the site approximately 571 years old.
A. the exact reason why Machu Picchu was built is debated, it was most likely used as an estate for the Inca emperors and as a ceremonial centre. It is estimated that approximately 750 people lived at the site
A. Although the location of Machu Picchu was known to locals for centuries, it was only ‘discovered’ on July 24, 1911.